Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Why do we like to hurt so much?

Pandora is a magical thing and just sparked my inspiration to write this blog. One of my favorite songs just came on my station: "That's What You Get"-Paramore.  The whole song is pretty simple but the message is loud and clear.  When you let your heart control your head, it's an uphill battle.  I'd have to say I agree with Paramore on this one.  Yes, you should follow your heart and your instincts.  Yes, love can sweep you off your feet and end up not screwing you over.  Yes, you should take your brain with you when you follow your heart.

One of the lines that plays over and over in the song is: "Why do we like to hurt so much?"  T and I were actually talking about this the other day.  Do we like to feel like shit about ourselves?  Why do we put ourselves through this high anxiety? WHY DO WE CARE?   We all know though that secretly, if everything was perfect, we wouldn't be happy.  If a guy treated us perfectly, it would be too easy.  He would be "too nice."  But that's what we get when we let our heart win,, we get utterly screwed. 

"Pain, make your way to me, to me
And I'll always be just so inviting
If I ever start to think straight
This heart will start a riot in me"


Why do we associate pain with love?  Should it be easy?  Will it ever be?

That is the golden question my friends and tonight I do not have an answer. Sometimes it's okay not to have all the answers but to ask yourself the right questions.

Hmm...

-C

No comments:

Post a Comment