Monday, December 5, 2011

"We should start a blog about this..."

Did you ever have an experience, relationship, or dilemma and immediately have the thought, "I should really start writing about this..."?  I'm not saying I have the most interesting life in the world, but there sure have been some eventful moments that would be worth reading.  Even the uneventful moments can be pretty entertaining depending on how you spin then. Chances are if you are reading this, you are a blogger yourself and have the same thoughts as us. 

When I refer to us, I am talking about me and my best friend since middle school, T.  We grew up together in a small town, with not much to do but somehow always end up with the best stories, especially regarding relationships.

Relationship.

What a simple but crazy and outlandish word.

Tand I are currently going through what we like to call our "quarter life crisis" and although there are other monumental moments and events happening in our lives like grad school, job searches, and family issues, we always end up back to that one little word.  Relationship.  It seems to be the biggest challenge we have had so far in our life, finding balance and making it work.  Not to mention dealing with men in general.  Did I mention there are some crazy people in this world?  Call me dramatic but I'd vouch that T and I (along with some of our college and high school friends) have met the craziest of the crazy and BEEN the craziest of the crazy in relationships.

So, I guess what I am trying to say, is that the purpose of this blog is just what it's titled: The Pursuit of Men, Boys, and Happiness?  Emphasize the question mark after happiness.  This shit is about to get deep.  T and I want to share our personal stories (and our friend's as well--sorry in advance guys) to maybe give y'all a little insight and hopefully learn something a long the way.


So, hello world!  Get ready to be amazed, appalled, shocked, confused.  If you are in your twenties and feel the same as us, you will nod your head and smile, hopefully even laugh.  If you are in your teens and still have hope, you may want to stop reading before we crush your dreams.  If you are happily married, you will be laughing hysterically, thanking the lord that you have sealed the deal.

Here we go!!

C & T

2 comments:

  1. Very nice, ladies. Keep it up... While several (lots of severals) years post college, my friends and I still pursue the happiness? that we've been told should come with the 'boys.' I'm told it's worth it in the end. So, there's that. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know how I just noticed this comment, but thanks! We hope you are continuing to read our blog! We will start to catch up on your dating adventures in Dallas :)

      Delete