Sunday, December 11, 2011

True Life: I survived being pushed out of a moving vehicle

I don't usually blog twice in a day, but this is too good to pass up....

So I got home from the weekend to a freaking winter wonderland.  Christmas music is playing, the tree is up, and I'm really in the spirit!  Just got out my old scrapbooks of Christmas from the pass few years, and as I was flipping through one from 3 years ago, I spot THE picture.


There it was.  The picture of the day that I was thrown out of a moving vehicle.

A little background:

My ex Dan was a crazy rebound after the hs relationship.  He seemed nice enough, and he wanted to hang out with me, so I gave it a try.  The first few times I remember feeling a little sick, but I eventually convinced myself that I liked him....about two months in, the crazy started.  Dan was a very controlling person.  He wanted his space, but I had to be there when he was available.  He would make me feel horrible about myself, but then make up for it by taking me places (he traveled for his job, so he would send me there too) or buying me random things, and that's how I justified it as okay...anyway,

It had been a pretty good Christmassy day-  Dan and I are smiling in this picture that I found.  He took me to an imax Christmas movie and dinner this day.  On the way home from dinner, I remember getting a text from Rach saying something that I don't really remember.  Anyway, I joked about it and remember telling Dan.  Something snapped, and he pulled the car over and told me that not everything in life is a joke, and I should be ashamed (i REALLY wish I knew what this text was). 

Back then, I was a huge vagina and probably said that I was sorry.  It gets blurry, but I remember him pulling away and opening my door and pushing me out of it.  I can look back on this and laugh because it is so f-ed up, but I literally sat in a field for almost 15 minutes with no cell phone.

Since I was an hour from home, I had to get into the car when he came back, but I remember not speaking to him until Christmas day (we'd had family plans and I suck and gave in).

Moral of this story....I guess it could always be worse.  Oh, and I'm an idiot.

Looking forward to a normal Christmas experience.

And I just threw this disgusting picture away.


T

No comments:

Post a Comment