Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Pillow Talk & Good Morning Phone Calls

There are millions of books, blogs, pamphlets, tweets, and facebook posts about all the dumb things guys do to let us know they are definitely NOT into us.  So, we get it.  If he ignores you, he basically hates you.  If he has a girlfriend but still pursuing you, he is a scum bag. Got it. Crystal clear. 

But what if he is acting in a way that makes you think he actually likes you.  Weird concept I know.

 As girls, do we overanalyze these actions too much?

The reason this is all coming up is because I have been talking to this guy for about a month now, and I actually really like him.  This is a big deal for me because usually I find something wrong with them and decide that they "make me sick."  If you are going to start reading this blog, get used to hearing that phrase.   Even though i genuinely like him, I can't read him.  Obviously he likes hanging out with me because he keeps asking and keeps in contact.  However, there is one thing that he has been doing for the past two weeks that makes me feel he could want more than just someone to have fun with.

Like clockwork, he calls me every night and usually texts or calls every morning. Just to say good night and just to say good morning.  To me that is a very boyfriend-ish thing to do, but maybe I'm reading into this too much?  I'm not an expert on this one ladies, but here is my list of things that give signs of potentially wanting to take the relationship to the next level....eventually:


1.  Calling/texting to say good morning or good night.  Some guy you are just hooking up with won't give a shit how your day was and won't call to ask.  If they are making an effort to be consistent, to me that means that they want you in their life on the daily.

2. Paying for your shit.  Plain and simple, if a guy wants you to think of him in a boyfriend role he is going to try to impress you.  He will pay for your meals, hold open doors, and give you compliments here and there.  Maybe this is my newfound appreciation of southern gentleman (I did just move to South Carolina), but I have faith that northern boys will do all of this too if they really really like you.

3.  Introducing you to their friends.  If he always wants to hang out along, I would say that is a red flag.  Bringing you around his friends is a pretty good indication that he thinks you are cool enough to hang out with the people he hangs out with the most.

The list could go on and on, and I think that it is definitely different for each guy.  Maybe I am reading too much into my new love interest and all of these things mean jack to him. 

I guess we'll see!

Still overanalyzing,

C

No comments:

Post a Comment