Thursday, December 8, 2011

To get laid or to get paid?

When creating those standards lists I mentioned in a previous blog, having a job is usually always pretty high on the list for most women.  Here's where it gets complicated though.  What if his job takes over his life to a point where you don't know if you fit in his crazy schedule?

I had my last little date with N tonight.  He didn't come over with flowers or cosmic brownies to say good-bye or take me to my favorite mexican restaurant.  We met up at Waffle House at 10:30pm.  I know this is already starting to sound like a complain-y blog, but I assure you it's not.   I know his job is very demanding and he works 17 hour days, so I'm glad he made it a priority to see me before I left.  And he did pay for my waffle. 

This whole job dilemma is coming up because even though it is my last night in town, N basically denied any chance of him spending the night.  He's rational, responsible, and hard working.  Those are some of the qualities that I want right?? Then why do I feel kinda crappy about getting "rejected."  Am I too sensitive to these things, especially because we have only been "hanging out" for a month?

N, yes you probably would have been tired the next day but it could have been very worth your while.  You chose responsibility, money, and your career over sex.  I'm impressed but also pissed.

I think the main reason I am pissed is because I actually WANT to spend time with him.  I don't know if I'm super abnormal but it takes a lot for me to let someone into my space. I also take my work very seriously and like to have my own independence and freedom to do what I want when I want to do it.  So, I think the main take away that I have from this date is that it's okay to take a step back and slow down.  Not everything needs to be a rush and spending every second with someone can be dangerous.  I'm going to breathe, be glad that I FINALLY feel this way about a guy and realize that it is possible to WANT to be around someone all the time. However, there still needs to be balance.  The world doesn't stop just because a relationship is new and fun.  In our 20's, we have to keep our priorities in check and our head's on straight.


Someone take me down from the clouds!  I don't think I ever stop smiling when I am around this kid.   I may see him again tomorrow depending on his work schedule.  Tomorrow will be a busy day for him (shocker).


Trying to take it one step at a time,

C

No comments:

Post a Comment