Sunday, December 18, 2011

When you Realize You're an Asshole

It sucks to realize when you've been a huge asshole.  The realization just hits you one day, and you think about it and wonder what the fuck you're problem is.

I'm a huge asshole.  My expectations have led me down a road of self destruction/relationship destruction.  And I have just realized this tonight.  Merry Christmas, I'm a fucking douche bag.

Okay, in all seriousness, I really am not that bad of  a person.  I cry when I see a cute old person, I give money to homeless people and donate to the SPCA.  But when it comes to understanding that people don't think the same way as I might, I can't seem to compromise.

Take this advice from me:  him and his ex had a mini conversation?  Breathe, it's fine, he's not hers he is yours (unless hes a cheating asshole).  He doesn't take you where you want to go for dinner?  Focus on what he does do and how he treats you. 

People always say not to lower your expectations, and in a lot of situations it's true.  But in this day and age if you're as crazy as I am, you need to pick your top 3 most important things to find in someone, and you need to stick to it.  My top 3:

Respects me, my friends, and my family.
Loyal to me.
Honest.

The other stuff should eventally follow.  But what do I know?  Clearly, my life is a huge mess, and everyone has different experiences.  I'm hoping I'm not a complete fuck up, and maybe things will start to fix themselves?  Probably not.  On this note, Happy Monday.  If there's a free therapist willing to talk to me, hit me up.


T

No comments:

Post a Comment