Sunday, January 29, 2012

I feel bad for your girlfriend

Last night I went out for drinks with a few friends. Me and my friend E, who I now consider my partner in crime, are both single and on the prowl. So why did we end up at a bar that attracts customers that are 45+?? That's besides the point.

We met up with people in our grad school program and were having a grand old time. Out of the entire bar, there was one cute guy who happened to be a co-worker of our friend's boyfriend. He chatted us up all night and was VERY flirty. He flirted with both of us but definitely was showing interest in E. He bought her a drink, made flirty comments, picked on her and flirted like a first grader would.

HOWEVER, when we asked our friend if he was single, she said no. He has a girlfriend. Ok....that pisses me off. I'm not implying that when you have significant other you can't speak to members of the opposite sex. I'll be the first to admit when I've had a boyfriend I've talked to other guys at bars and can be a bit flirty even when I don't mean to be. This guy was taking it to the extreme.

I feel bad for his girlfriend. That sucks. Maybe some innocent flirting here or there isn't a big deal, but if E wouldn't have found that out and continued talking to him I can almost guarantee that the flirting would have progressed.

This is why I trust no one.

The end.

C

No comments:

Post a Comment