Sunday, April 22, 2012

Sex vs. Relationships

And thats the most wonderful feeling in the world, how many people are ever given that chance? To have someone you love fall in love with you over and over? -Nicholas Sparks

This quote has inspired me. It's so true. If you tuly care about someone, you need to make the effort to see them in a different light. People are going to change, and there is a lot of times where this is the end of a relationship. The real test is how well people can adapt.

A relationship does not work unless both parties are willing to accept this constant change & roll with it. To be in a long term relationship requires serious maturity & understanding. It also requires two people to be able to fall in love with each other multiple times.

I've been jaded in the sense that many people in their 20s can't yet accept this concept or maturity levels. Therefore, people are constantly giving up and taking the easy way out, and I've accepted this as normal. I guess people need to go through this part before they master the "experience," but it doesn't mean that I need to change my morals and standards because of this.

A guy told me this weekend that he wants to hold off on sex because it's not the healthy way to start a relationship. At first this freaked me out, but after having conversations with some of my guy friends, this is actually a morality issue. Sex actually complicates things and blinds you from seeing the real person- not saying that this is ALWAYS a bad thing, but I just forgot that some guys actually want more than that. And better yet, some guys that I might actually see myself with (which is hard to do).

I'm re-evaluating myself and my morals- if there really are still good people out there who want to get to know me before they want the sexual aspect, then why would I settle for anything else? It might actually be these types of people who have the maturity to be able to handle a long-term relationship instead of just giving up on it.

Lesson learned.....

T

No comments:

Post a Comment