Sunday, April 8, 2012

Dudes at the Bar

Groups of dudes at the bar:

The Scumbags

The Recently Divorced

The Committed Ones

The Nice Normal Ones

...On my VACAY to visit my bff, C, we have met one of each of these....

I'll start with the scumbag. A former bball player from USC from about 6 years ago. 1....who cares....you were a horrible team. 2....you're washed up.....3.....you're seriously going to use that as a pick up line?

But whatever, I'll talk to you because I'm drunk and it's funny. Mind you, this man was a whopping 6'10....and I'm pushing 5'2. I spent most of the night running away from him, but when it came down to it, I took his number. He told me there was a party the next night & we were trying to make some connections. BIG MISTAKE. This man has been texting me all day & all night. He knows that I'm from up North, and my ETA back home is...TOMORROW. He wanted one thing. He managed to call me sexy 4 times in 24 hours, ask me if I wanted to see his penis, and begged me to go on a "date." But, I like to lead an interesting life, so I led him on until he realized around 9 PM that I would not be coming over. Our last text:

Me: I thought Southern boys were gentleman....
Scumbag: I'm from Chicago

HAHA.

Example 2: The recently divorced. We have met two that stuck out in my mind. Divorce one was a recently graduated starting football player for USC. He was extremely attractive, funny, and a total douche. I hated him, but once again, it was too good to pass up. Turns out his wife "cheated on him." To me, that sounds like "I cheated on my wife and got caught." Got his # for the sake of the number game C and I were playing. We started this after we realized that the douches flocked to us at this bar. Deleted that # as soon as I left.

Divorce 2: Not quite a divorced man, but close enough. Teacher in Cali. His live in girlfriend was married to someone else. Wow, sucks. Totally believed this guy because he reminded me of Marshall from How I Met Your Mother. His friend was a friend of Cs, so we were together most of the night. Started friendly, and by the end of the night he was a hot mess giving me the details & I was giving him advice. He didn't seem like a creep, and he knew I was leaving as well, so I gave him by number because I thought we could be great friends. I'm a drunken dumbass. So far today, he has blown up my phone to ask me to a. lunch. b. dinner c. drinks. Can't take a hint. Turns out even nice guys hit a low and need a rebound. It won't be me, Buddy.

The Committed Ones.

We met dudes at the bar. They were married. They hit on us, and I hate them. I call them the uncommitted committed. Then, there are the sweethearts who are really out with their friends just to hang out. Obviously, I did not speak to them because they were busy being good people.

The Nice Normal Ones...
that are single. Unfortunately, I did not meet any of these either. Nonexistent?

The moral of the story: I was on vacation to hang out with my bff. ALL of the dudes that we talked to came up to us...we hadn't went out of our way at all. At one point, dudes were grabbing us by the arms to pull us in. They were actually doing this to multiple girls, and it gave me a horrible perspective on most men. Why does this shock me?

I guess it upsets me more than it shocks me. I still care in some way about all of my exs. They've all done one negative thing to me at some point, but I've given it back. Although they weren't perfect, I never expect them to act this way. Now that I've seen even the "nice ones" being douche bags, it makes me a little nervous about those who we think that we know. IF I have this mind set though, I will drive myself crazy. I'm going to stay positive, and find a guy that DOESN'T live at the bar.


BACK TO THE NORTH TOMORROW :(

T


ps...I won the # game

No comments:

Post a Comment