Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Why Do Women Cheat?

After searching the internet a few nights ago for something completely unrelated, an article about cheating caught my eye:

http://women.webmd.com/features/why-do-women-cheat

This website explains some of the reasons why men and women cheat. Men, of course, cheat more for a sexual thrill while women cheat or have affairs for an emotional connection.

I always wonder why men and women are made up so differently. I tried to explain this to a guy the other day- pay attention to me, text me, let me know when you're thinking of me. He just didn't understand this concept. He doesn't need the emotional connection that I do, and therefore, it puts a strain on both of us.

We give stuff to men in order to make them happy- we watch their sports teams with them, give them advice, do things to show them that we care, but when it comes to things we think are so simple, why don't guys get us?

Showering me with attention will do way more for you than you think. A little effort to show me that I'm worth it shouldn't be that difficult, but it really is. Sometimes I wish I had a dude's brain for a day just to understand.

Although, sometimes, there is the complete opposite type of dude. The type that lets you know they care maybe a little too much. As long as it's not on the creepy level, I actually appreciate this. I just wonder what makes the difference.

Unfortunately, if a woman doesn't give a man enough sexual attention or validation in other areas (not all men are as douchey as the media makes them out to be), or if he actually is just a douche bag, that's what will make him stray.

But aren't we told not to fall to those standards? That he will respect us more? There are way too many questions on this topic.

Bottom line: show me you care, respect me, and I will do the same thing back to you. That connection is what is important, and if I don't get it, I'm not happy.

Although that cheating article is just depressing.


T

1 comment:

  1. I think that all people that cheat do it because they are missing something in their current relationship whether that be physically or emotionally. The bottom line though is that if you want to be with someone else don't be with the person you are with!

    ReplyDelete