Sunday, February 19, 2012

Double Standards

Girls put so much pressure on guys to do the right thing, but maybe sometimes we need to give them a break... believe it or not, sometimes we f them over too (even though most probably deserve it...just kidding).

I've been realizing that I probably haven't been treating people very fairly. I got a text from the guy who I had been a few dates with wondering why I stopped talking to him and where he went wrong.

He didn't do anything wrong. He was so nice to me, wanted to hang out with me, and went out of his way. How do you explain to someone that you're just in love with someone else? I haven't decided what to say to this, or if I should respond at all. Then it makes me wonder if girls do this to guys, then do guys do this to us for the same reason? Everyone has a past, so how do you realize when someone is completely over it? Dating is so complicated.

T

2 comments:

  1. Most guys appreciate honesty. I was in a similar situation where I ignored a guy, and he ended up in one of my classes. At a university of 30,000 OF COURSE he had to be in my same class. Of course, he asked me what had happened, why I had stopped responding to him. I was honest- I said I wasn't yet over my ex and that I wasn't ready to date someone new. He was really cool about it. I think he just appreciated a girl being straight up with him for once. We actually ended up being good friends throughout the rest of the semester. So often in relationships, guys and girls are so worried about hurting the other person, when really, not being honest can end up hurting a person more. Maybe I was lucky he was so cool when I was honest, but really, I think most guys would see honesty as refreshing, and frankly, better than nothing at all. My advice: try honesty. If you don't have any further romantic interest in the guy, then really, what do you have to lose? Good luck, and stay strong!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly! We always complain we want feedback and explanations--guess that means we have to give that to guys too!

    ReplyDelete