Sunday, February 19, 2012

Second Chances

The reason for my MIA of the blog is because I've recently been debating what to do about my f-ed up life.

So many unanswered questions:

1. Do second chances really work in a relationship? If both parties are really in love, shouldn't that be enough? The world says no. We need to think logically, but I say for the moment, screw that philosophy. There is so much pressure for us to find someone compatable with who we are- that's so much pressure. If I would go by this, I would need a younger dude in his 20s with a full time job, a house, a car, and expect him to be funny, sweet, cute, and completely obsessed with me. A little much.

2. How many standards are too many standards? I think I've lowered mine a lot- I don't need fancy dates (although nice once in a while) or cards for no reason. What I decided I do need:

-consistancy. Answer my calls, texts, if you like me, act like it. I'm so over being mind fucked. It should be easy.

-thoughtfulness. If you're in a store and see something that you know I need or like, get it for me and I'll love you forever (hey, I'd do it for you). If you think I look pretty, tell me. You can only get attention like that from that one "special" person, so I think it's so important, and this is something I won't settle on.

-good morals. Truth, honesty, and just be genuine.

For now I'm throwing out the rediculous movie dramatics and just being real about the things I need. New philosophy.

I love being in love. Sometimes it's just hard to really see what's important and what is just putting a strain on a relationship. Relationships will never be easy. C asked me this question the other night:

Is it worth it to feel so happy and in love for a few hours and end up feeling sad for double that amount of time?

I'm still trying to think of the right answer for this question, but I think sometimes it's best to just put faith into someone and hope that they care enough to put you first. I guess we will see. Feedback??!?!?!?

T

No comments:

Post a Comment