Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Highlights of the Week

The past week has literally been the most random week of my life. This all stems back from the fact that I went on Plenty of Fish for some entertainment.

Since guys give out number like it's candy on that website, I decided to play along with some of them. Let me break down the three prospects I started out with last week. They all get their own special nickname. Let me just start off saying they all seemed kind of normal at first.....

Prospect 1: Mr. I'm obsessed with you and I don't even know you

This guy wouldn't quit. He started off sending me funny messages which I appreciate. One of the first messages he sent in response to something I said was "sooo when are we getting married" I took that as a funny joke. The thing is....he was dead serious. So, thinking he was a sarcastic jokester like myself I gave him my number. The text convo started out pretty normal but then it got weird. He just kept telling me how great I was. Ok..you don't even know me. Then he began obsessively texting me. I love attention but this was annoying. On Thursday I went to dinner with some friends so I didn't look at my phone for an hour or two. I had two texts, a missed call, and a voicemail from this guy. I hadn't answered the last text he sent me the day before so umm...didn't he get the hit.

Apparently not. His voicemail was probably the most hilarious thing I have ever listened to. He went a little like this: "Ummm hey girl (in a sassy accent). Don't know why you stopped talking to me, but I want you to know that I got much love for you. So call me back. Looooooove ya bye" UM YEAH. Love ya? You don't even know me. Didn't call him or text him back. The next day he texted me AGAIN and asked me to hang out. Didn't answer. I think he finally gave up. I am not afraid to block his number. So just like that, there goes prospect number 1 out the window.

Prospect 2: "Mr. Dick Pic"
I started talking to this one guy who seemed very promising. He's a PHD student here, seems to have his life together, and had a few very cute pictures posted. Once we started talking, I realized he was from Jersey and also from the same town as some of my best friends in college. When I went to friend request him on facebook we had multiple mutual friends that I went to college with. This was a sigh of relief because in the online dating world it is so amazing when you can have that reassurance that the person you are talking to isn't a serial killer and you can have that validation through mutual friends.

Well...it all went down hill from here. He straight up told me he wasn't looking for anything serious which I should have immediately taken as a red flag. He then asked for my number and immediately after giving me this speech about how he doesn't want a relationship, he asked me to come over. Ok....I'm not a booty call. Sorry. If you want to get some ass, go on craigs list.

It gets better. He then asked me to meet up on campus the next day (our buildings that we work in on campus are literally 10 ft away from each other). I thought this was a sign that he wasn't such an asshole. So we met up and talked during our lunch breaks. It went really well. He was super cute, held a conversation and didn't make me feel weird at all.

Except for when he started to sext me.....and then sent me a picture of his penis. YEP. He really did. And he wonders why I never responded and stopped talking to him. I'm still receiving texts from him saying "hey what's up?" 5 minutes later: "ok cool I guess you really are done talking to me."

So....goodbye to prospect number 2.

Prospect 3: "Total Frat Move"

Still a little upset about prospect 3. He sent me a really witty message on POF, is in med school, and is really freaking hot. So of course I just went ahead and gave him my number. We texted for awhile about random stuff and he seemed to really be interested in my life, which I appreciate. When the weekend rolled around he texted me and asked me what I was doing. Last weekend was crazy for me with work, so I wasn't really available to do anything, but he called me and we talked on the phone for quite awhile. I could kind of sense that he may not be the person to me because of some of the things that came up in conversation. He kept referring to all the crazy things he did in his fraternity. Ok..that's not attractive to me. He also kept saying how picky he was and mentioned some of the "really hot" girls he dated. Ok...I don't care. THEN...he said that cheating isn't that big of a deal to him because shit happens. Um. No.

Besides those huge ass red flags he was really funny and a fun person to talk to. So when he called me on Sunday morning to ask me to go for a walk by the river, I said yes. However, I was already at the river because I had just ran three miles. Bottom line: I was a sweaty mess in shorts, a tank top, and a baseball hat. This guy shows up wearing khakis, a polo, and a visor. So southern. So freaking hot. I think it went pretty well...we took a short walk and talked about random stuff. The whole time I'm freaking out that I look like such a slob. I was not expecting him to be that beautiful.

I heard from him later that night, but we only exchanged 2-3 texts. Haven't heard from him since. Kinda pissed about this but at the same time he is in med school...may be he's busy...or maybe the fact that I looked like a hot mess when I met him changed his opinion on me. Either way, it's probably better that I don't speak to him. I could never trust someone who is that hot, a futre doctor, and who doesn't think cheating is a big deal. He'd def cheat on me.



Those are my updates. Three prospects down to zero. Back where I started and deleted my account on Plenty of Fish. I can't deal with the crazies...

Dating sucks.

Should I try E-Vow next??

C

No comments:

Post a Comment